Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Chairs, chairs, chairs...

I am beginning to be obsessed with CHAIRS!  For some reason I feel like wherever there is space, I want to put seating.  I finally upholstered a Wingback chair that I bought from Craigslist for $20.  I was able to find a local upholsterer with a reasonable price and bought a Groupon to buy fabric at Diamond Foam & Fabric.  That Groupon really was amazing since upholstery fabric can be super expensive especially if you want something that is sturdy and of good quality.  Keep your eye out for those Groupons!


Anyways, after multiple trips to local fabric stores and deciding between patterns or solids, colors or neutrals, bold or calm... I finally decided on a black and white stripe pattern that looks modern but that I can dress up with colors.  I was very close on choosing a bold color and geometric pattern but I was afraid to commit to that pattern and style for the whole living room.


Just in case you forgot what the chair looked like before... (notice the head sweat stain.. yikes)


This is the chair now!!!  It's so sleek and pretty :)


Recently, I found matching tufted naughahyde chairs that need a little sprucing up.  I think we are going to paint the wood parts Black to give it a higher contrast and more of a regency feel.  They are super comfortable and have those nice high backs.  Here it is before in the picture below... Will post after pictures once we decide what to do with it.  I might actually keep them the way they are but just clean the upholstery and wood. There are some paint stains on them.

If you have suggestions or thoughts, please post in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment